Criteria for a Successful online Car Dealership
The Traditional car buying process is increasingly taking a back seat and customers are depending more and more on online channels while shopping for a car. As a result of sweeping changes brought about by the digital transformation, the auto industry is moving a direction where almost 50 to 60 percent of sales leads are expected to come from digital sources.
Auto dealers have to therefore ramp up their capabilities and expertise to ensure that they are equipped to meet business goals in this scenario.
The key criteria for ensuring success as an online car dealership are:
- Responsive & trained online customer service staff: To be successful in the online channel dealers need to provide instant access to information and easy access to company staff when needed. Auto dealers need to have trained staff who are capable of using tools such as click-to-call live video chats and online document sharing to handle every type of query Such service bridges the gap between online and in-person interactions.
- Significant online presence – Car dealers must make sure that they have a comprehensive website that is up-to-date in information such as car specifications, in-site inventory and vehicle availability. This empowers the customer and the sales agent can use collaborative tools such as co-browsing to guide the customer through the content. A social media strategy is also important in order to build ongoing connection with customers.
- Dedicated online sales processes: With the online channel becoming vital for securing leads, auto dealers must set up processes and teams that focus exclusively on this channel. A virtual business development center is an extremely useful and popular way to achieve this. In a BDC, sales staff actively work on reaching out to customers, responding to their questions or helping them in their purchase process remotely using tools such as live video chats and Co-browsing. These tools make the process more efficient for both the customer and the dealer.
- Deploy cutting edge-tools to leverage the channel: The full power of the online channel lies in having tools that be utilized to deliver the best customer experience. Virtual engagement solutions such as Live chat platform and co browsing software are vital to making sure that customers have a productive and reassuring experience on the car dealer’s website. Dealers can explore innovative tools like video chat online as it is a fantastic way for customers to have a face-to-face personalized experience.
Ensure Superior Business Performance with Innovative Virtual Engagement Technologies
Customer-centric businesses like auto dealers can see enormous benefits from webRTC-enabled real-time engagement solutions as they are geared to deliver an enhanced customer experience. The many advantages they provide make them pivotal for ensuring the success in today’s environment:
- Sales staff can speed up buying process by adopting technologies like live chat software that helps in understanding customer needs better and rapid resolution of problems.
- Leveraging tools like live video chats help the sales staff take the opportunity to engage with customers resulting higher levels of trust.
- Virtual engagement solutions are cost-effective and make the sales process more efficient since the process can be handled remotely.