What is Your Business Missing if Your Website is Not Responsive
With everyone owning a smartphone, it’s not a surprise that the convenience of anywhere, anytime access has made using a smartphone the preferred device for browsing. For the younger generation, the smartphone is a vital communication tool.
Research has shown that using a smartphone has taken over browsing on a desktop as the primary channel for access of websites. And around 63 percent of customers are choosing to use their mobile phones for initiating customer support-related tasks, but unfortunately almost 90 percent of customers have poor experiences. Therefore automotive dealers must ensure that their site is ready to provide top notch service regardless of the platform of usage, be it mobile or desktop.
The dealerships website has become a primary source of information for customers exploring their options during a car purchase journey. Dealers must make the website a channel that is responsive and sensitive to customer needs, and facilitate meaningful customer interaction.
Technology has today introduced several tools that make the website an interactive interface for customer service. No longer a static repository of information, websites today can become a channel where customers can interact with company representatives and have an enriching and productive experience. For dealers, deploying real-time personal engagement platform transforms their BDC automotive into a customer connect channel rather than a simple sales lead system.
Real Time Engagement Platform That Can Transform the Website Experience
Co-browsing, live chat, live video chat discussions are all key features of the virtual engagement solution that can transform the customer support of auto dealers into an intuitive service. Customer support agents are empowered with these tools to interact live with the customers as per need and convenience, and support them with one-on-one discussions including through video.
5 ways in which virtual engagement tools are capable of delivering distinctive and responsive customer service:
- Comprehensive customer service experience across audio, text and visual support: Customers prefer omni-channel support – live video chat, text chat, phone call– as it is more convenient for them. The comprehensive technology of the real time engagement platform makes the website a powerful channel for driving customer engagement.
- Human touch with live video chat: Unlike normal website, those websites with virtual engagement tools can offer face-to-face interactions thanks to the revolutionary video chat plugin. Customers can initiative video chat that can result in human interaction and direct conversations that results in an experience that is close to in-store experience especially when combined with co-browsing.
- Personalize website visits/tours: Provide individualized assistance through co-browsing solution and guide the customer thorough products or in-site inventory, customising it for their needs. Such a service not only helps to make the customer feel supported, it also opens up opportunities for cross-selling and up-selling.
- Create a rapport with online chat: Live chat is getting to be a popular channel for customers looking for quick answers, the conversational nature of the medium helps customer service agents to ask question and better understand customer needs. This results in customers feeling valued and finding the dealer more attuned to customer requirements.
- Assist complicated online processes with live support: Hand-hold customers through tough processes like form filling or product configuration through the use of cobrowser. Agents can help the customer step-by-step and use additional functionalities like highlighting, scrolling to point out key facts, form-filling, browsing the website with customers.
Feature rich yet simple, real time engagement tools are a boon for delivering responsive customer services. Following are the key features of the platform
- Secure: The tool has inbuilt privacy features that automatically conceals vital information like credit card numbers
- Context aware: Customer service representatives can easily view the customer’s journey in the website and their issues as a result of the tools being context aware. This reduces the burden on customers to explain their problems and speeds up the resolution process
- Web-based: The platform is browser-based and built into the website, so doesn’t not any special software purchase or licencing , reducing costs of operation and making it easy to deploy. Customers also don’t have to install any software – they just need to click to initiate a session
- Flexible – With rising adoption of mobile as a channel for accessing websites, it is important to have tools that are accessible in every handheld device. The virtual engagement platform easily adapts to mobile and tablet devices.