What’s Better for Gen Next? : Virtual Engagement Tools vs Traditional Car Buying
With every generational shift, new trends, new preferences and new behavior emerge. Environmental and economic factors often result in unique generational traits that are vital to be appreciated, without which building successful relationships amongst them can be difficult.
The Gen Next today, often referred to as the millennials, are largest generational market segment. This generation is very technologically savvy, with early exposure to internet, smartphones and other devices impacting the way they think, interact and behave. With this segment already contributing close to $1 trillion in consumer spending, their influence today is growing.
Buying a car has always been one of the major decisions made during a lifetime, a milestone in fact. But traditional car buying is a long-drawn complicated process. It usually involves visiting multiple dealerships to identify options based on budget, test drive the cars to shortlist the best among them, and then shop around different dealerships to get the best price, often having to bargain extensively to finalize the deal.
This complex and tedious process can be discouraging. Not surprisingly, the Gen next is looking towards technology for new approaches.
Dealerships fortunately have today at their disposal path-breaking technological solutions that can help them tackle traditional car buying barriers. Technological innovations such as co-browsing along with video chats are real-time virtual engagement tools which dealers can leverage successfully to engage with the new generation of car buyers today.
Here are the ways by the tools can make a difference to your business performance:
- Transforms productivity of Website: Almost three-fourths of millennials turn to online sources for gathering information and critical inputs before any purchase. This trend means that the dealers must have a significantly strong online presence, beyond just a static website. With tools like video chatting and co-browsing, a dealer’s sales staff will be able give a product tour or demonstrate features, thereby making the website experience far more richer. Customers will thus be able to depend on the website to deliver more than mere information.
- Makes the online sales process stronger: Rather than doing multiple trips to the dealer or the bank, customers today expect to use the online channels to finish many of the requirements, saving them time and effort. Real-time tools such as co-browsing and screen-sharing can help the customer service agent to carry out complex sales processes like site inventory explorations, product tours among other things, making the online sales channel more powerful and productive.
- Facilitates high quality sales engagement: Car buyers today expect more from dealers – they look for enhanced information beyond simple car specifications descriptions or variant availability. Online research makes them well-informed and knowledgeable, so dealerships must have access to tools to provide a more interactive experience. Video chats can help sales personnel build rapport, enabling opportunities for up-sale and cross-sales. Co-browsing and video chats are tremendously useful as they allow the customer service agent to share the screen with the customer and guide him or her through challenging tasks such as filling in applications which would have otherwise needed in-person interaction.
- Real-time interaction speeds up buying process: Since the current generation does not depend on the dealers for information, they reach out to the dealers for clarifications or maybe additional information. Websites that provide them with options such as live chats to interact instantly with customer service personnel are much valued. Features such as file and content sharing cuts down time to transfer documents, helping sales personnel to move the buying process forward.
- Enables seamless mobile experience: According to research, almost 89 percent of millennials use smartphones to connect to the internet. And this is becoming increasingly becoming true of all customers not just the new generation, making the mobile channel vital for every company. It is therefore essential to choose technology that integrates all digital channels. Co-browsing and live chat feature are seamlessly integrated , enabling an easy and smooth browsing experience, whether on a desktop or mobile